It is the simple things that destroy a marriage or make it a loving healthy relationship. Follow these simple exercises to make your relationship a happy marriage.
Identify 5 things that you love about your spouse or partner:
1. I love that my husband thinks I’m sexier than the supermodels, especially on days when I’m feeling fat and ugly
2. I love that my husband takes care of his health, and watches out for mine too
3. I love that my husband can fix anything
4. I love when my husband tells me I’m brilliant
5. I love the sparkle in his eyes when he looks at me
Identify 5 things that you appreciate about your spouse or partner:
1. I appreciate how patient my husband is with me
2. I appreciate that my husband picks up after himself and cleans the house
3. I appreciate that my husband rolls with my cycles and mood swings
4. I appreciate that my husband likes my family and is willing to spend time with them
5. I appreciate that my husband takes care of our car so I don’t have to think about it
Now share at least one item from each list with your spouse or partner.
The more you share what you love and appreciate about your partner the stronger your relationship will become.
One of the biggest mistakes couples make in relationships is complaining about all the things they don’t like or are unhappy with. That only creates unhappiness in a relationship.
Share what you love and what you appreciate to create a happy marriage and loving relationship.
By Carolyn Flynn
Flickr photo by The Welsh Poppy/Rachel Davies