by Carolyn Flynn
Gifts, surprises, and special events are symbolic ways to express the depth of your love to your special lady. Flowers, jewelry, chocolates, and other small or large glam gifts are always fun to receive. So are shopping sprees, ballet tickets, fancy dinners, and romantic getaways.
But gifts and gestures don’t have to be expensive, a picnic in the park or romantic bath for two is often more heartwarming than a new car, fur coat, or diamond necklace. It’s the thought and symbolism behind the gift or act that makes it wonderful.
If the emotional part of your relationship is not nurtured then your gift of a new Mercedes may just be an empty reflection of the love that is missing. If you spend beyond your means your ladylove may feel angry at your irresponsibility and not receive the love gift as you intended.
Remember that gifts and activities are symbols, a reflection of the love you share together, and quality time and attention are often the best gifts you can give to another person.
Share in the comments below what gifts have been most meaningful to you.
Flickr photo by Howard Dickins
1. Carve Jack-O-Lanterns together
2. Give a bouquet of autumn flowers just because you love her/him
3. Write a love poem for your sweetheart – tell her how boo-tiful she is
4. Make pumpkin pie together. Write “I love you” in whip cream
5. Go costume shopping together
6. Watch the sunset together
7. Hold hands at the movies
8. Watch the sunrise with hot chocolate, orange juice, muffins and bagels
9. Play footsies during dinner
10. Have a picnic at the park or on your living room floor
11. Go dancing
12. Play in the the fall leaves together
13. Give each other a massage
14. Make spaghetti and watch Disney’s “Lady and the Tramp”
15. Read a scary novel together
16. Order take out and watch the “Nightmare Before Christmas” together
17. Make a pizza together
18. Write a Halloween love note
19. Buy sexy lingerie
20. Go to a haunted house together
21. Tell him/her how much you love and appreciate him/her
By Carolyn Flynn
Photo by Carolyn Flynn
I want to hear from you. Share your Halloween romance secrets in the comments below.