The relationship solution to managing relationships and saving your marriage is forgiveness, communication, and acceptance.
Forgiveness keeps grudges, resentments, anger, and negativity out of your marriage. To forgive means letting go of the hurt, offense, or wrong you perceived or experienced. It does not justify wrongdoing, it just means you are going to let it go so you can move your relationship forward. Forgiveness frees you and your partner to create a healthy, happy marriage relationship.
Communication means sharing how you feel, and expressing what you want and need from your partner. Love means your partner will do their best to listen and understand. Your partner cannot read your mind, no matter how much they love you or how long you have been together. Express yourself, and be sure to include the positive communications of appreciation, love, and gratitude to build your partner and strengthen your marriage.
Acceptance means accepting the wonderful and not so wonderful aspects of your partner. Loving the whole person for who they are and what they do. Accepting your partner in marriage creates a safe haven for both of you to evolve, change, and create the best partnership you can have together.
By Carolyn Flynn
Flickr photo by rasdourian/Raffi Asdourian
It is the simple things that destroy a marriage or make it a loving healthy relationship. Follow these simple exercises to make your relationship a happy marriage.
Identify 5 things that you love about your spouse or partner:
1. I love that my husband thinks I’m sexier than the supermodels, especially on days when I’m feeling fat and ugly
2. I love that my husband takes care of his health, and watches out for mine too
3. I love that my husband can fix anything
4. I love when my husband tells me I’m brilliant
5. I love the sparkle in his eyes when he looks at me
Identify 5 things that you appreciate about your spouse or partner:
1. I appreciate how patient my husband is with me
2. I appreciate that my husband picks up after himself and cleans the house
3. I appreciate that my husband rolls with my cycles and mood swings
4. I appreciate that my husband likes my family and is willing to spend time with them
5. I appreciate that my husband takes care of our car so I don’t have to think about it
Now share at least one item from each list with your spouse or partner.
The more you share what you love and appreciate about your partner the stronger your relationship will become.
One of the biggest mistakes couples make in relationships is complaining about all the things they don’t like or are unhappy with. That only creates unhappiness in a relationship.
Share what you love and what you appreciate to create a happy marriage and loving relationship.
By Carolyn Flynn
Flickr photo by The Welsh Poppy/Rachel Davies